People of all ages can benefit from gymnastics. Whether you are 2 years old attending our Little Champs classes, or an adult learning gymnastics for the first time, gymnastics will help improve your flexibility and strength. It would be ideal to start learning gymnastics early in life, but it's never too late to start.
One of the best things about gymnastics is that it is open to everyone. The apparatus doesn't discriminate, from rings to uneven bars, girls and boys are equally capable and welcome to try. Balance, coordination and strength are qualities that should be pursued by everyone.
Remember, the sport of gymnastics is all about fun, fitness and fundamentals:
FUN because it's fun to jump, tumble and swing;
FITNESS because you'll gain flexibility, strength, power, muscular and
cardiovascular endurance, balance, agility, coordination, body awareness;
FUNDAMENTALS because the moves you will learn, landings, swings
rotations, and springs can be applied to almost any sport.
- Is the club committed to teaching kids your age?
- What are the club's safety policies and procedures? Are there regular safety and
maintenance checks of the equipment?
- What is the cost of the program and how long does it last?
- Can you observe a class? Can I try a class before signing up? When can I start,
do I need to wait for the session to begin or can I sign up today?
- Is the building clean?
- What are the program's expectations? Do I need experience?
- Can I join a class with my own age group?
- How long is each class, and how often does it take place?
- Are lesson plans available?
- Is the coach registered with United States Gymnastics?
- Is the coach safety certified? Trained in CPR and First Aid?
- How many years of coaching experience does the coach have?
- Is the coach clear, positive, enthusiastic, and have a sense of humor? After all,
you're here to have fun!